There are a lot of Xbox controllers on the market these days. With so many options to choose from, it can be tough to decide which one is the best for you. In this blog post, we’ll compare the three most popular types of Xbox controllers: original, modded, and third party. We’ll discuss the pros and cons of each type and help you decide which one is right for you. So, without further ado, let’s get started!
Best Xbox Controllers in 2022 (Original, Modded & Third Party)
1. Xbox Series X|S Wireless ControllerStarting off with the original Xbox Wireless Controller. At first glance, you’d think that there are no design changes from the Xbox One control. However, after using the controller for some time, it feels a lot better in general! The button feels more responsive and the D-pad isn’t as mashy as the older gen. Despite its relatively basic and monochromic design, the controller still feels nice in your hands, especially with the added texture at the back of the handle, which improves the grip dramatically. The Series X|S controller is backward-compatible with the Xbox One and slightly improved latency with near-instant response while gaming.
- Ergonomic design for long playing sessions
- Backward compatible with older-gen
- Remarkably durable
- The monochromic design is a bit bland with no major design changes from the last-gen controller
2. Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2If you want an upgraded official controller that gives you a wider range of options to play like a pro, you should consider the Elite Series 2. The controller feels similar to the original Wireless controller, as it uses the same materials for the buttons and the thumbsticks. However, the D-pad is remarkably improved in this one for better control while playing. Unlike the original controller, this one uses a built-in rechargeable battery with an indicator, which makes it more convenient to use. It also comes with a dedicated travel bag and replaceable D-pad and buttons to optimize the controller. The improved aesthetics of the controller, combined with the all-around grippy handle makes it a more solid controller, although it can be quite pricey
- Improved handling and optimized buttons at the back
- Enhanced aesthetics that looks and feels premium
- Comes with a travel bag and replacement buttons
- A bit pricey
3. Razer Wolverine UltimateThe Razer Wolverine Ultimate is one of the best third-party controllers for the Xbox. The controller is fully compatible with Xbox One and Series X|S. This one features interchangeable buttons and thumbsticks in addition to several remappable buttons for improved control while playing. It also has 4 function buttons at the bottom for easier access. The Wolverine Ultimate comes in two colors but the lighting effect makes up for it, as it has an advanced design with back-lit buttons and an RGB finish. The controller also comes at a great price for its features, making it a great bank for the buck if you’re a highly competitive gamer!
- Excellent value for its price
- Highly adjustable and remappable buttons while staying ergonomic
- Excellent lighting design that looks awesome
- Lacks color variety
4. Xbox Design Lab ControllerIf you want to personalize your Xbox Original Controller, the Design Lab is your way to go! Design Lab Xbox Controllers are official, so they have the same quality and durability as the original ones. The design lab gives you a wide range of design options, including color options for the back, front, buttons, triggers, D-pad, and more! You can also choose between standard or rubberized options and add engravings to your controller. The best thing about Design Lab Controllers is that they’re reasonably priced when compared with other third-party modded controllers with subpar quality
- Official and original controller with the same build quality
- Surprisingly affordable for a custom controller
- Lets you add word engravings on the controller
- Has a huge range of colors and finishes but lacks lighting and designs
5. MegaModz Custom ControllerAnother modded controller option that many players opt for is the MegaModz Custom Controller. What makes MegaModz controllers great is that they offer high quality controllers, although they can be a bit pricey. In addition to offering a wide range of color options for the body, buttons, triggers, you can also use exclusive designs, custom designs, and a wide range of finishes, such as chrome and hydro-dipping. Megamodz also allows you to add extra triggers and buttons to the controller in addition to MultiMod packages to improve the controller’s performance!
- Offers a wide range of color choices in addition to designs and finishes
- Allows you to add extra buttons and triggers
- Features controller mods to improve
- Advanced mods can be quite expensive
6. Turtle Beach Recon ControllerIf you’re a gamer, chances are you use an Xbox controller to play your games. In this blog post, we’ll show you how to connect, pair and sync your Xbox controller on both PC and Xbox. This will allow you to use your controller to its fullest potential when playing your favourite games. So, let’s get started! Another great 3rd party option is the Turtle Beach Recon Controller. This can be used as wired or wireless and has a catchy look while staying ergonomic. The controller features grippy handles and remappable buttons in addition to extra functions buttons layout at the top for easy access. The controller also comes with a Superhuman hearing feature that allows you to hear even the lowest footsteps coming your way, giving you a serious edge in shooter games.
- Highly ergonomic design
- Features quick access buttons at the top
- Equipped with an audio enhancer for gaming advantage
- Limited color options
7. PowerA Enhanced Wired ControllerLast but not least, if you’re on a budget and looking for an affordable alternative to the original Xbox controller without heavily compromising quality, the PowerA controllers are your way to go. These inexpensive controllers are compatible with old and new-gen consoles as well as Windows 10. They also come in various colors and designs, which allows you to match them with other controllers you have. The main downside of these controllers is that it’s wired with no option for wireless connection.
- Highly affordable price
- Available in a wide range of design options
- Responsive buttons and ergonomic design
- Doesn’t support wireless connection
Add a Comment