Do you want to take a break from your online Xbox gaming session, but don’t want other players to know? If so, you can use the “appear offline” feature to hide your online status. In this article, we will show you how to appear offline on Xbox One or Xbox Series X. Keep in mind that appearing offline will also disable some features, such as party chat and voice chat. Let’s get started!
How to Appear Offline on XboxWe rounded up a list of the things you’ll need. After that, all you have to do is follow the steps we’ve listed below, and you’re all set. The good news is that the steps are pretty basic. Yet, even though the idea of toggling back and forth between ‘offline’ and ‘online’ gaming may seem like a simple one, it makes a world of difference when you’re playing.
What You NeedHere’s a basic list of what you’ll need to accomplish your mission and make everyone think you’re offline while you’re actually busy playing your heart out in peace.
How to Appear Offline on Xbox One/Series X in 5 Easy StepsAll you need is a bit of basic know-how and a few minutes. Then, like magic, you’ll appear offline to everyone, including your friends.
- Sign in to Xbox Live.
- Press the Xbox button. This will take you to the quick menu to select ‘Profile & system.’
- Find and select your profile image. On the drop-down menu, click on ‘My profile.’
- A new screen will open up with a new drop-down menu that says ‘Appear online.’
- Click on it and select ‘Appear offline.’ Now you can enjoy hours of uninterrupted play.
How to Appear Offline on Xbox iOS App in 2 Quick StepsThe Xbox app is much easier to navigate than getting through all those menus using a controller. Plus, there are fewer steps you have to go through and far fewer choices to select from. Here’s what you should do:
- In the bottom navigation bar, tap on the right-most icon to go to your profile screen.
- You’ll get two options: ‘Appear Online,’ ‘Appear Offline.’ Toggle the latter with a quick tap.