Are you having trouble with games on your Xbox One or Series X? It might be because of a corrupted cache. Clearing the cache can help fix this problem and improve your gaming experience. In this article, we will show you how to clear the cache on your Xbox One or Series X.
Keep reading for instructions on how to do this.
How to Clear Cache on Xbox One
Unfortunately, there isn’t a menu option designated to erasing the cache data on your Xbox One console. Yet, that doesn’t mean that the process isn’t easy for anyone to do, even if they’re not necessarily tech-savvy!
The following steps describe it all:
- Press the power button on your Xbox One console to turn the device off
- When it shuts down, disconnect the power cord from the back of your Xbox One
- Unplug the cord from the wall socket as well
- Wait a few minutes before reconnecting the power cord to both the electrical outlet and the back of the console
- Turn the Xbox One back on when the white light on its power brick turns to orange
- Now, the gaming console’s cache should be clear, promising you faster loading times and a better performance
How to Clear Cache on Xbox Series X
Deleting the cache data on an Xbox series X is a notch easier, though the previous method could work here, too. To be extra sure, you can power cycle your Xbox Series X then follow these tips as well:
- Press the main Xbox button that sits on your controller
- Select the main Settings menu
- Move over to Devices and Connections
- Pick the sub-menu titled Blu-Ray
- Choose Persistent Storage, then select the Clear option
- Your Xbox Series X cache is now clear and ready for you to fill it up again with game data!
How Often Should I Clear My Xbox One/Series Cache?
The best way to keep your gaming console running smoothly is to clear its cache every few months. Three or four months is a good time interval to keep up.
Otherwise, the device will let you know it’s time to clear the cache of its own accord. Simply, it’ll show a notification on your screen, reminding you to do that once the cache is bursting with unwanted data.
What Happens If I Clear Any Useful Data While Clearing the Cache on My Xbox One/Series X?
If you accidentally delete any important data while you’re trying to boost the device’s performance, it’ll automatically regroup after you’ve used the console for a while.
To Wrap It Up
Clearing your Xbox One and Series X cache can improve loading speeds for many games and apps. If you are experiencing crashing or freezing issues with a game, clearing the cache may help to fix the problem.
Follow these steps to clear your Xbox One and Series X cache and enjoy a smoother gaming experience.